No announcement yet.

150 Gal Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your phosphates still zero? If so you should increase feeding so the corals remain happy.

Comment

Yes they are testing as zero but i still have algae growing in the tank so there must be some phos in there.
      Lynne

Comment

Oh yes, very good point. I didn't see any algae, the tank looks amazing.

Comment

I was having trouble with algae growing in my overflow so I made a cover out of acrylic.

I cut it out on the bandsaw and bent the little tabs down using a heat gun.

Attached Files
          Lynne

Comment

I also changed my return plumbing so I could move the seaswirl back to the back edge of the tank and keep it from blocking light. I took the other seaswirl off the tank. I will probably replace it with a gyre.
            Lynne

Comment

I hope algae doesn't decide to grow somewhere else since you are not allowing it to grow there.

Comment

I am slowly getting it under control and I am going to get a sea hare on Sunday to help take care of the algae. I don’t like it growing in the overflow because it causes water noise that drives me nuts. lol

I am installing my new return pump and plumbing tomorrow.
                Lynne

Comment

I added a rock tower to my tank so I could space my coral colonies out. Now the rock work goes to the front of the tank on one side. This seemed to make my fish much happier too. My purple firefish and orchid dotty back used to hide all the time. Now they are out and about most of the time.
                  Lynne

Comment

image.jpg
                    Lynne

Comment

Working...
                    X