Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on should we get started with cal reactor or dosing, i have been researching the triton method , but with ever way we decide, i would like to be set up and ready when the demand rises.

I have heard that a calcium reactor is the way to go but I am dosing 2 part and kalkwasser with vinegar.

I have never used the Triton Method. I know you need to have a very large refugium for nutrient export. I set up automatic water changes and that works pretty good for me.
    Lynne

Comment

okie dokie thanks for the input

Comment

How is your tank doing?
        Lynne

Comment

OMG i have diatoms and diatoms , ugly right now but i have a few corals in there and plan on taking a few weeks to get parameters dialed in , i have about 6 more fish on order that will be quarentined , and for now im just debating the whole 2 part or calc reactor question as im going to buy it this weekend . also im headed back to cadilac corals tonight to have a look around . also thinking on a par meter , hmmmm its all setling in .

Comment

Lots to think about! Marine Depot Liquidation has a calcium reactor setup half price right now.
            Lynne

Comment

Going to go calcium reactor and dose it to control alk and cal as well as some trace elements .seems the cheaper way over the long run .

Comment

Great 👍 I think that is a good way to start.
                Lynne

Comment

I have used a calcium reactor for the last 15 years and completely happy with it . No dosing just if required trace . Im now setting one up on my 90gallon here in Maryland.

Comment

i would love to picj your brain for sure

Comment

No problem, glad to help , not much brain mater left but will try lol

Comment

ok first question please do you think this will work on my tank ? https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/super...m-reactor.html

Comment

What size tank do you have? I have no experience with reef octopus calcium reactors, I use a geo calcium reactor. It should work most are similar.

Comment

Comment

That should be fine then. Keep in mind that the reactor will be slowly dripping the broken down elements into the tank . Definitely not a High flow drip

Comment

Working...
                              X