the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the economy

so it may seem like i dont have the money to be in this hobby and the fact is that currently for the most part i dont. my work depends alot on te economy being good and right now its not. it was at one time. and i dont really know of anything else i can do besides working on cars getting paid for the amount of work i do not by the hours i work. and right now it sucks.

just putting that out there
    steve
    28g nano reef
    50" hdtv

Sorry Steve... times are tough. Hopefully, things will be better soon. See if you can just maintain what you have, and don't buy anything for right now...
    Never too old to learn,
    Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

economy is the whole reason im starting this hobby and canning a few others. racing and r/c cars were getting to expensive and i wanted a hobby that my son could enjoy with me.
      "Like" The SMMAS face book page!

Comment

I have a 1/8 scale Redcat Landslide. My buddy purchased the truck and trashed it, I spent about $60 in parts fixing it up and tuneing it. I then let the wife drive it, she accidentaly went head on into the tree in the yard. I then fixed it again and now I was driving it up the road and parts flew off that I cant find. They are a huge money pit......

It is for sale, $200 if you know anyone who wants it. Also sucks that the same week we got, the hobby stores closes and we have no support.

http://www.rufaster.com/RedcatRacingLandslideLT.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          They are a huge money pit......
          It is for sale, $200 if you know anyone who wants it.
          Ill give you 20 bucks for it.
          Ken said no more picts..

Originally posted by fishnub
          i havnt touched mine in 2 months almost.

Comment

lol...
            Never too old to learn,
            Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

yeah, dont i know it. i never used a hobby store, i ordered parts and could fix anything myself. even built a track in one of the fields. it was funny, people warned me about how much this hobby would cost, but after the budgeting, with what im doing a reef will cost almost 250-300 a month less. now that isnt including if i threw a rod in the car, or totaly demolished my r/c

just a few of what i had. cant find any pics of my boats

Comment

NMCI = No photo bucket..
                Ken said no more picts..

Comment

tony= asexual monkey?

ken- ill ask around about that r/c but in the hobby if its ever been wrecked/started take 35-45% off retail if you want it to sell

Comment

yea I got a T-max for 75 bucks w/ everything. cost 10 (spur gear lol) to fix.

R/C is pretty bad resale value.
                    Ken said no more picts..

Comment

I have replaced everything that was damaged. just the front bumper. We paid $300 for it, comes with truck and controller. Added $100 in aftermarket to it plus about $150 in spare parts. Brand new set of extra strenght driveshafts for all 4 tires. Upgraded knuckles and a full gallon of racing fuel. motor has about 3 hours on it.

This is why i was saying, $200 which is already more than 50% of everything you will get.

Comment

my neighbors really into RC cars i could ask him
                        steve
                        28g nano reef
                        50" hdtv

Comment

Working...
                        X