Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with move

All,

We have come across a gentleman that is in need to get rid of his freshwater tanks. My wife and I have decided we are interested in them and have set up a time to move them to our house, April 28. He lives in Waldorf and has a 125 gallon tank (I think) that is up and running with angel fish. He also has a 90 gallon tank with a large discus, angle, pleco and a cichlid of some type. This is a large move. He wants the tanks, stands, fish and parts/pieces gone in a day. Is there anyone that is interested in helping with this. I plan on taking some of the water to make it easier on the fish so they can be set back up in a temporary spot here until tanks get moved in a final spot. I have my truck, 2 containers for water, a pump to move the water out of the tank and a couple 5 gallon buckets for fish. I live in St. Leonard. If some could help there and others help at my house that may work also. I am thinking at least 6 people for this. The tanks are heavy, and will have to be carried out of the house once emptied, down a couple stairs and around to the driveway.

If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated. Please reply to this thread, or you can call for more information

thanks

Ken Higgins
    240-375-3036
    Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    125 gallon fresh water
    50 gallon fresh water

I can help! Let me know what time. I have a 30 gal drum I use to mix salt water that I can bring.
    Lynne

Comment

I can help with the transport, but with my back I have to be careful about humping stuff.

Comment

I can help.

Comment

I can hel0. Do you need a second truck? We have a Silverado 6ft bed. I have to check with Dave first. Let me know.
          Sheleen
          90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
          26 gal bow front

Comment

Hi Ken, I should be able to lend a hand in St. Leonard for the unload, all depending upon the time you plan to arrive back. Keep me posted!

Comment

A BIG thank you to all that showed up today to help with the move of the 90 and 125 gallon tanks, stands and equipment. We were able to save almost all of the water and made it as easy as we could for the fish. The 125 is up and running here and the fish seem to be Ok. This move went smoother than I expected. We could not have done it without your help.

thank you again!!!
              Ken Higgins
              120 gallon reef
              125 gallon fresh water
              50 gallon fresh water

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Higgins View Post
                A BIG thank you to all that showed up today to help with the move of the 90 and 125 gallon tanks, stands and equipment. We were able to save almost all of the water and made it as easy as we could for the fish. The 125 is up and running here and the fish seem to be Ok. This move went smoother than I expected. We could not have done it without your help.

thank you again!!!

Gotta share some pics when things settle down in the tank
                Sheleen
                90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
                26 gal bow front

Comment

Would love to see pics once you have it the way you want it.

Comment

Please share some pics. That discus is really beautiful! I hope your back is ok today!
                    Lynne

Comment

tried to do pictures from my phone and laptop, for some reason it keeps saying it fails to load pictures
                      Ken Higgins
                      120 gallon reef
                      125 gallon fresh water
                      50 gallon fresh water

Comment

7AFE8BCF-AA4F-42A1-A639-F3BC5C568205.jpg

test test picture upload7AFE8BCF-AA4F-42A1-A639-F3BC5C568205.jpg
                        Lynne

Comment

Show off

Still can't download pictures for some reason
                          Ken Higgins
                          120 gallon reef
                          125 gallon fresh water
                          50 gallon fresh water

Comment

LOL

I was going to delete the post but then I received a phone call and after that I was really busy at work.

I wanted to test the site because we were working on the upgrade yesterday. I was concerned that something was broken.

Originally posted by Ken Higgins View Post
                            Show off

Still can't download pictures for some reason
                            Lynne

Comment

Working...
                            X