Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storms

How has everyone's tanks held up with the recent storms? Anyone lose power?
    Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    125 gallon fresh water
    50 gallon fresh water

I haven't lost power yet. I bought some of those cheap bubblers that take 4 D size batteries and come on automatically when the power is lost. They will keep the water oxygenated but not much movement with them. Do you have battery backup for your pump?
    Lynne

Comment

I do not have a battery back up. I bought a generator in 2013 when I lost power for almost 8 hours.

BTW, we have not lost power for a long period of time since and needless to say, it has never had gas in it
      Ken Higgins
      120 gallon reef
      125 gallon fresh water
      50 gallon fresh water

Comment

all good at our home. Like Ken, with the house generator it seems to keep the outages (at least long duration ones) at bay.
        Sheleen
        90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
        26 gal bow front

Comment

I remember a few summers ago in August we had a storm that took our power out for 8 days! If we hadn't of had the generator, I would have lost everything. My friend brought all of her fish over to my little 30 gallon tank because her tank had a slight leak in the over flow and with the power off, she couldn't keep the water level stable. The power outage is how she found out the tank was leaking.
          Lynne

Comment

Working...
          X