150 Gal Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 Gal Tank

Here are some photos of my New 150 Gal Tank. It seems to be coming along really well.
    Lynne

I ordered it from 4FISHTANK.com. Pictures of it at the factory.
    Lynne

Comment

This is what they shipped it in. They did an awesome job packing and crating it.
      Lynne

Comment

In the garage with the outer crate off. They had a wooden crate around the glass tank on the inside of the outer crate. Then everything was wrapped in a layer of cardboard. Under the cardboard was a layer of Styrofoam and under that was bubble wrap. It was impressive. The whole crate weighed 900 lbs.
        Lynne

Comment

Picture of it empty.
          Lynne

Comment

I bought a trashcan full of old used previously live rock that had been sitting outside. It was kinda stinky when we put it in the car. When I got home, I put it in fresh water and poured 2 bottles of 3% peroxide in the tub. Then added a small pump and let it stew in the garage for a week or so. On a warm day I dumped all the rock on the drive way and pressure washed it to remove all sponges and worms. Then put it back in the tub with another 2 bottles of peroxide and fresh water. I let that stew for another week or so. I wanted to make sure all organics were gone. When I opened the tub it did not stink at all except for some weird tube worm housing that were left. I took those off with a chisel.

I wanted to have some rockwork that was interesting and stable so I put together some rock towers using E-Marco 400 aqua scaping cement. This stuff is wonderful! You just mix it up and plop it where you want it and put the 2 pieces of rock together. It holds really well. I was able to combine several pieces of rock into one sculpture that was balanced and steady. This was a really fun project. I purchased the 5 lb bucket and I didn't even use half of it.

Here are some photos of the finished rock towers. Once the rock towers were dry, I put them in a 75 gallon water trough with a pump, a heater, saltwater, and a few drops of Korallen-Zucht Zeobak. I let them cure for about a month before I moved them into the tank.
            Lynne

Comment

Here is the last pic of my 100 gal rimless with water and fish in it.
              Lynne

Comment

It took me all day to get everything out of my old tank. I started at 7:00 a.m. First, we moved our dining table into the sun room to make room for the 2 temporary horse troughs. The 110 gallon horse trough was placed on a moving dolly so I could keep it close to the tank as I was moving the live rock and coral. I moved half of the water out of the tank into the trough. Then I carefully moved my coral colonies into plastic baskets so they wouldn't get lost or crushed in the horse trough. After the delicate stuff was moved, I carefully moved all of the live rock into the horse trough. I was trying not to stir the water too much. By then the trough was really getting heavy so I had to move it in place. Next I pumped the more water out of the tank into the trough. It was easy to catch the fish with a low water level and no rocks in the way. Once the fish were out of the tank, I took a break to eat lunch. While I was eating, I dawned on me that I didn't catch my yellow coris wrasse. She was hiding in the sand somewhere. Ugh. After lunch I had to dig through the sand to find my fish. It didn't take long to find it and move it to the trough with the others.
                Lynne

Comment

After I removed all the sand from the tank, I had to tackle the sump and the plumbing. I pumped all the water from the sump into the 75 gallon trough and took all the equipment out to the garage. I disconnected all the plumbing and started cleaning the equipment. That is when SMMAS showed up to help me move the old tank out and the new one in place! A big thanks goes out to Ken, Christian, Matt, Alex and Colin! I couldn't have done this without your help! They moved the old tank out to the porch and put the new one in place.
                  Last edited by LynneC; 06-30-2019, 12:05:45 PM.
                  Lynne

Comment

Working...
                  X