This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexington Park Elementary School

We are sponsoring a new school! We will be installing a 28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube in Lexington Park Elementary School on Friday, Aug. 19th, time TBD. We need some volunteers to help with the installation and also to provide some of the supplies that they need. Here is a list of items that the club needs to provide:

a test Kit
    heater
    circulation pump
    a Zerowater Pitcher and extra filters for filtered water
    refractometer
    thermometer
    power strip
    cleaner magnet
    nets
    maintenance items
    etc.

The tank and stand were purchased from RayMac at an awesome discount! Thanks Ray!

All of the fish and livestock have been donated by a non-member, Mr. John Eller! Thanks John!

Most of us who have been in the hobby for a while have tons of equipment and stuff laying around collecting dust. If you have any items that you would like to donate to the schools, please email gazoo@smmas.org. I will even be happy to pick the items up! We need to have the items on or before Wed. the 17th so we can purchase anything that has not been donated.
    Lynne

I have some nets and food
    Dennis
    Clownfish Breeder

Comment

Thanks! I will pick them up from you!

Originally posted by dlacey View Post
      I have some nets and food
      Lynne

Comment

Sorry I won't be in town Friday to help.
        I haven't been with the hobby long enough to accumulate extra equipment yet.
        I could purchase something on amazon and have it shipped to you.

Let me know
        Sheleen
        Sheleen
        90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
        26 gal bow front

Comment

have you determined a time for this?
          Ken Higgins
          120 gallon reef
          125 gallon fresh water
          50 gallon fresh water

Comment

It will have to be after 3:00 p.m. on Friday. I am in training this week. I was hoping to be off on Friday but the class instructor got into an argument at the base pass office and they barred her from the base. The company had to send a new instructor so instead of starting on Monday, the class started today so it will go until 2:00 pm on Friday. I had to wait until this morning to find out what time we will be out of class on Friday.

Originally posted by Ken Higgins View Post
            have you determined a time for this?
            Lynne

Comment

We set up the tank at Lexington Park Elementary School. A big thanks to Cynthia, Tess [from St.Mary's Ryken], Birgit and her Hubby! We got the stand secured to the wall and the tank setup with live rock and sand. There are 2 hermit crabs in there. Birgit will check the tank while it cycles. When it is ready we will add a pair of clown fish and some other critters. I hope to get some pictures on Monday.
              Lynne

Comment

We added a pair of clownfish to the Lexington Park Elementary tank today. Here are some pictures!
                lexparktank1.jpg
                This is the tank after we set it up. It only had a few hermit crabs and some snails.
                lexparkfish1.jpg
                We added a pair of clownfish today! These are the fish that John Eller donated.
                lexparkfish2.jpg
                We also uploaded the green star polyp that Sheleen donated.
                Lynne

Comment

The students used the new clownfish for a lesson today!
                  lexparkclass11.jpg lexparkclass22.jpg lexparkclass33.jpg lexparkclass44.jpg
                  Lynne

Comment

Very cool. Another generation reached. Worthy pursuit

Comment

Nice! Love the drawings!
                      Dennis
                      Clownfish Breeder

Comment

I received a text from Mrs. Bean at Lexington Park Elementary School on Wednesday requesting guidance in preparing the tanks for the holiday break. I was surprised to hear that the tanks would be unattended over the break as this was not an issue last year.

The tanks will be unattended from starting Saturday 22nd until January 2nd. That is 11 days. Definitely too long to go without food and possibly too long to go without top off water.

Mookie and I went over on Thursday and installed an automatic feeder on the 30 gallon tank in Mrs. Simpsonís room and Mrs. Bean opted to use a block feeder on the 12 gallon tank.

A big thank you goes to Mookie for meeting me at the school and figuring out how to program that automatic feeder.
                        Last edited by LynneC; 12-23-2018, 10:46:36 PM.
                        Lynne

Comment

We received word from Mrs. Simpson that the 30 gallon Biocube was having some issues so we went over to check on it. Apparently it had been leaking for a prolonged period and water seeping under the tank swelled the particle board decking so that it was slightly leaning forward.

Friday 1-18-19 Ken, Tracy, Nora, Mookie, Colin and I went to take it down. Thanks all for your work in taking care of this.

The tank is in good shape but the stand is in pretty bad shape. Kenny D. said he could fix it.
                          Lynne

Comment

Working...
                          X