Holiday Gift exchange 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Gift exchange 2018

We are having our Annual Holiday Gift Exchange on Saturday December 15, 2018 beginning at 1pm. This year, we are having the meeting/Exchange at our house in St. Leonard. Since this will not be at the library as previous years, we are able to have a larger spread of food for us to eat. Each person is asked to bring an item for the exchange and food for the party.

Door prizes and raffles TBD.

Please reply below so that we can encourage a good crowd and lots of fun that day. Also, please add what type of people food you will be bringing to eat, and how many in your party will be attending

If you are attending, please bring a wrapped saltwater/aquarium hobby related gift valued around $25 for the exchange. If you are bringing frags... the best way is to put them in a sealed container inside a gift bag or box. Please make sure you can't see inside the bag..

- Gift Exchange Rules:
    1. Each current club member who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
    2. The gift value limit is $25.00.
    3. Gifts can be wet or dry but must be wrapped/bagged/or boxed so you cant tell what it is.
    4. Prepare slips of paper equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers.
    5. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
    6. Everyone sits in a circle around the pile of gifts.
    7. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
    8. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
    9. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
    10. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
    11. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
    12. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
    13. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "locked" after it has been stolen three times.
    14. "Owners" of "unlocked" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
    15. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened, unless #1's gift was never stolen, in which case, #1 places their open gift back in the middle and "stealing" continues until the remaining gift in the middle is taken.

I will message each person that replies to this post about coming to the holiday gift exchange with the address to our house. Any questions please let me know

Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    125 gallon fresh water
    50 gallon fresh water

I am looking forward to this event! I will bring desserts/candy.
    Lynne

Comment

Looking forward to it

Comment

Going to be Epic....I will bring some peach burbon buffalo wings...

Comment

Thanks for doing this Ken. I'm looking forward to it. I will bring tortilla chips and salsa.
          Sheleen
          90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
          26 gal bow front

Comment

Sorry I'm gonna miss it. I always love our Christmas parties.
            220 gallon reef

Comment

gonna miss it too, will be out of town for work.

Comment

Sorry you guys are going to miss it!

I think I have found the perfect item to start a gift stealing war!
                Lynne

Comment

you mean to tell me the new neptune apex is that perfect item. :-)

Comment

haha Yeah that would definitely start a gift stealing war.
                    Lynne

Comment

I am hoping that I can get my schedule arranged to be able to make it Saturday. The gift "stealing" makes it exciting. Is anyone bringing frags for sale?
                      Jeff

Comment

I hope you can make it! It really is a lot of fun!

Christian from Window Reefs said he was going to be there.
                        Lynne

Comment

I'm still a maybe... have another thing on Saturday too... decisions, decisions... someone email me directions?
                          Dennis
                          Clownfish Breeder

Comment

I'm a maybe now, feeling a bit under the weather hope i get over it by sat. If not enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie63 View Post
                              I'm a maybe now, feeling a bit under the weather hope i get over it by sat. If not enjoy.
                              you better start sucking down some orange juice, and get better so you can be here
                              Ken Higgins
                              120 gallon reef
                              125 gallon fresh water
                              50 gallon fresh water

Comment

Working...
                              X