Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner gobies: Elacatinus oceanops

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get an idea of how many people might be interested in buying or adopting cleaner gobies. I will be starting a breeding project as part of my senior thesis and I need to make sure I find homes for my little guys.

There is a possibility of obtaining 10+ goby broodstock, pairs, or individuals. Since they have a relatively short ~1 year life span, they are not a long-term commitment species. As I'm sure you are all aware, these gobies are great additions to pretty much any reef tank (solitary if the tank is under 40ish gallons or if it has limited territories). I am willing to go into great detail about their care if requested by potential buyers/adopters once they are ready to be rehomed. I would also be willing to help set up appropriate tanks for the gobies or help you rearrange your existing set up to adequately house groups or an unmated pair.

I look forward to your responses and getting to know everyone,

Dani
    Dani Quill
    SMCM Graduating Senior
    Biology and Environmental Studies

I would be interested in a pair for my 120 reef tank. Sounds like an awesome senior project.
    Brent
    120 gallon mixed reef tank.

Comment

I would be interested in a couple for the 180 and either a single or pair for Mandy's 60 cube if you have enough to go around

Comment

I would be interested

Comment

Excellent!

Hopefully this means that I will not have to include euthanasia protocol in my experiment NOR PERFORM IT =D

I will keep you all posted on my progress.
          Dani Quill
          SMCM Graduating Senior

Comment

I would be interested if there is enough to go around
            Ken Higgins
            120 gallon reef
            125 gallon fresh water
            50 gallon fresh water

Comment

I am also interested, but of course treat the first that responded and if there are enough I will take one.

Comment

I'm interested as well if there is enough to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by biocube29 View Post
                  I am also interested, but of course treat the first that responded and if there are enough I will take one.
                  Originally posted by rivahodges View Post
                  I'm interested as well if there is enough to go around.
                  There should be PLENTY to go around. Part of the issue I am having right now is making sure that there will be enough people to take them once the experiment is complete.

Dani
                  Dani Quill
                  SMCM Graduating Senior

Comment

also galaxia...

if anyone wants any galaxia let me know.
                    Dani Quill
                    SMCM Graduating Senior

Comment

Originally posted by dani.2spot View Post
                      also galaxia...

if anyone wants any galaxia let me know.
                      Heh, You guys had a TON of Galaxia colonies last year when we came to the lab. Plus a ton of leathers...

Comment

Indeed... there is still a ton and a lot of them are too large to use in experiments, so we are trying to clear some out and frag the rest down to the size we need. Are you in the market for any? Haha

Originally posted by falconatsea View Post
                        Heh, You guys had a TON of Galaxia colonies last year when we came to the lab. Plus a ton of leathers...
                        Dani Quill
                        SMCM Graduating Senior

Comment

When I took down my trough I had to sell off a ton of stuff and consolidate everything I wanted to keep into our two tanks... so they are FULL. Once I set everything back up maybe I will have some room but I think you guys will be on summer break by then.

Comment

I'd be interested in some galaxia. long-lived hardy coral.

Comment

I would be interested as well, but like the others, only if you have enough to go around. I may also be interested in some of the galaxea when your ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X