How do you get rid of aiptapsia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get rid of aiptapsia?

I noticed two small looking anemones growing in my tank. I thought it was really cool at first, until I told someone about it. He said it was aiptapsia. And it took over his tank. How do I get rid of it if they are starting in my tank?
    Nick

Buy a peppermint shrimp and he will eat them.

Comment

if you only have 2, if they are on the sand bed, syphon them out, if they are on the rocks, do not try to dig or hurt them. They are a devil pest and every every tiny bit of the anenome can and will split to make more.

Best bet is to boil some water and inject the critter. You can also use aptasia X, or joes juice. If the rock has nothing else on it, take it out and let it dry for a day. Dont waste time, if you only see 2, there is 4 more hiding somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by fishtalewoohoo View Post
        Buy a peppermint shrimp and he will eat them.
        *ditto*

Comment

I just bought 4 Peppermint Shrimp last night for the same reason. Sorry if they came from me Nick, but they are easy to get rid of by letting nature finish them off. The cool thing is that once the aiptasia are gone, the peppermints will eat other foods vice the bergina nudibranchs, and they are fun to watch as well.
          Never too old to learn,
          Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

yeah i agree with getting some peppermints + they are cool to watch wheter u have aiptasia or not
            steve
            28g nano reef
            50" hdtv

Comment

Yeah, I like my peppermint shrimp, I'm not sure if I had any aiptasia when I got him, just got him when there was a group buy... he does this funny side to side rocking. He likes to hide under some of my rocks, comes out when there's food.

Comment

Yeah I think I'm goint to have to get a peppermint shrimp. Any suggestions where to buy them from? (for a good price and reputation)
                Nick

Comment

I'll be making a run to Reef chief next week if you want some from there. With the club discount they are $7 each.
                  Never too old to learn,
                  Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

Ok. Is there any way you could pick up two peppermint shrimp for me while you are down there?
                    Nick

Comment

i may add to the order depending on how much more sand im going to need. just got 160lbs i may want some of his sand for seeding my tank.
                      "Like" The SMMAS face book page!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Ok. Is there any way you could pick up two peppermint shrimp for me while you are down there?
                        If I have enough money I can pick up anything you need down there. Should I start a new thread? Reef Chief Run???
                        Never too old to learn,
                        Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

i need dwarf hermits pretty bad.... dunno if he carries them and if it would be worth it though
                          steve
                          28g nano reef
                          50" hdtv

Comment

yessssss

new thread reef chief run reefchief run............Dana

and to answer Nick's original question Nuke em have used peppermints joes juice hotwater and vinegar still pop up with aps
                            Last edited by MBintraining; 08-19-2009, 06:57:46 PM. Reason: add
                            MBintraining

24g nano Dx
                            55 gal

Comment

Working...
                            X