blues and whites
    DSC00033.jpg
    clowns in GBTA
    DSC00037.jpg
    Naso
    DSC00036.jpg
    Zoo's starting to open
    Bobby Hutchinson

Neat pictures! Are you pleased with them? And have you already posted another thread with details? I'm curious about size, cost, and other specs....

Comment

they are the taotronics 120watt ebay leds. i got them for 130$ a piece.

specs
      55-3watt leds running at 2 watts
      30 blue 25 white
      fans are not the quietest but tolerable

2 of them seem to cover a 4' tank very well.
      Bobby Hutchinson

Comment

Wow, I see you have a Picasso Triggerfish in your reef system. Any problems with him? I love triggers and would love to introduce one to my reef.

Comment

He doesn't bother any corals, he will eat snails every now and then, but Doesn't mess with shrimp or starfish. Thou he makes it very clear he is the dominant fish.

I wouldn't recommend anyone add one unless you are willing to deal with the possible outcome. I think I just got lucky and mine is fairly mellow
          Bobby Hutchinson

Comment

Ok, thanks - I think I found them on Ebay, although for a little more money. It appears they aren't dimmable, so they'd probably fry my nano tank!

Originally posted by bulldogtaxi View Post
            they are the taotronics 120watt ebay leds. i got them for 130$ a piece.

specs
            55-3watt leds running at 2 watts
            30 blue 25 white
            fans are not the quietest but tolerable

2 of them seem to cover a 4' tank very well.

Comment

There are dimmable ones on ebay for between 175-185 free shipping. I am working on trying to get 5 dimmable from this guy for $165ea plus free ship.

Comment

Originally posted by falconatsea View Post
                There are dimmable ones on ebay for between 175-185 free shipping. I am working on trying to get 5 dimmable from this guy for $165ea plus free ship.
                Good to know - thanks.

Comment

I just worked a deal with one guy for 5 dimmable lights for $165ea with free shipping and wouldn't you know it.... there is a guy on there selling the same lights TODAY for $150 each with free shipping. Oh well, mine are on the way.

Comment

I've had about 1/4" growth on an orange montipora since changing over lights
                    Bobby Hutchinson

Comment

I've had about 1/4" growth on an orange montipora since changing over lights
                      Nice. Do the individual LEDs have lenses?

Comment

I've got PCs now, I'm thinking of buying one of these LED fixtures (couldn't find the dimmable fixtures for less than 180 on ebay) for my 46 gallon bowfront, but it would be a big expense (got to convince the wife). I'm wondering, my tank is 36" wide. Would one fixture do the trick and provide coverage for a span that wide? It looks like it might with the 120 degree lenses. Any input?

Comment

they do have 120 degree lenses.

I would try just one, my tank is 48''x24''x24'' and two is more than enough
                          Bobby Hutchinson

Comment

they do have 120 degree lenses.

I would try just one, my tank is 48''x24''x24'' and two is more than enough
                            I can't seem to find the dimmable ones on Ebay...do you have a link? I'd need dimmable if I were to try it over my 15g nano, of course!

Comment

search 120 watt led dimmable. Some of the chinese ebay sellers don't put the manufacturers name on there listings. I will look around and see what i can find too
                              Bobby Hutchinson

Comment

Working...
                              X