More babies on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More babies on the way!

My Cardinals are expecting. I don't know how they eat with a mouth full of eggs or young. How ever they do it.
    Attached Files
    90GL tall with about 175lbs of sand and 150lbs of live rock, Eclipes canopy's and a Fuval FX-5 for my filter.

yippie! have you read up on raising the youngin's yet? fake urchin, etc? baby brine shrimp.... How long has he been holding them?
    Dennis
    Clownfish Breeder

Comment

Just noticed them last night, Ill read up today to see what is needed. Ill never get baby brine in time, those cyclopese bars are small enough with some plankten I would hope. If not Ill see what corner critters has when I get off.
      90GL tall with about 175lbs of sand and 150lbs of live rock, Eclipes canopy's and a Fuval FX-5 for my filter.

Comment

SWEET!!! Let me know if any survive... Mandy wants some Bangais for her tank. We looked at some tiny ones at Petco in Prince Frederick but they were pricy.

Comment

You will be more than welcome to some, its the least i could do. From what im reading so far I don't expect to much out of this group. I will be ready for the next.

Comment

Hey Dennis,

will the Urchin i got from you let them hang out on him, nobody messes with that guy.

Comment

yeah, that pincusion urchin should work. that might be one of the things that triggered them to spawn. if you just noticed his mouth bulging, you've probably got a couple weeks to go. just keep an eye out. Joe had one survive with his the other year. Cyclopeeze should work too if they aren't looking for live food.
              Dennis
              Clownfish Breeder

Comment

That is too cool!
                Lynne

Comment

Congrats Jarrod. I know how exciting it is with babies. I'm having a blast with my baby shark.
                  220 gallon reef

Comment

That is awesome. Being that they are endangered and close to being wiped out I really wish you the best of luck. MASNA has been doing research and a database on folks that can breed them, if you are interested in something like that, check out their site. You could become a CNN Hero! LOL
                    Never too old to learn,
                    Mike

120 In-wall mixed Reef

Comment

Well we will see, i think I have a couple of weeks till they should be born, then trying to catch them. Dad is hiding out very good but I might move him to the breeder box if i get him.

Comment

Don't disturb him until just before they are due to be spit out... he may spit them out prematurely...
                        Dennis
                        Clownfish Breeder

Comment

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

Comment

Dennis he has sorta made that decision for me. He moved over with the clown fish, its like they just put him in the back room. I hope it works out.

Comment

Just a quick opinion question, better to grow your own Brine Shrimp or just buy them shipped in when you need them.

Comment

Working...
                              X