OPEN HOUSE - St. Mary’s College of Maryland Marine Microcosm Lab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPEN HOUSE - St. Mary’s College of Maryland Marine Microcosm Lab

The St. Mary’s College of Maryland Marine Microcosm Lab is hosting an Open House on Sunday, December 2, from 2pm to 4pm. You’ll have the opportunity to tour our marine facility and for those interested, trade your favorite coral hard coral frag for a single Galaxea colony in the 4 to 6 cm range . If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to Ava Chrisler (adchrisler@smcm.edu).
    Lynne

Sounds interesting, where are they located, I'm interested in an LED light survey they performed for coral growth.

Comment

Here is the flyer they sent:
      Lynne

Comment

They are in St. Mary's City. We went to the Lab when Dr. Hatch was there. It was an good trip and I would love to go back. I know they grew some really big galaxea colonies under LEDs.

http://www.smcm.edu/admissions/visit-campus/
        Lynne

Comment

I am going to the St. Mary's College Lab open house tomorrow if anyone wants to ride over with me. I have attached a map of the college showing how to get to the Lab.
          Attached Files
          Lynne

Comment

Very informative session, old school techniques with modern day twist. Cant wait for the next session.

Comment

Yes it was great to see and chat with Dr. Hatch again. The research they did on Paly and Button Polyp communication sounds really interesting! The lab looks pretty much the same as when we went there last time. Dr. Hatch said he would be happy to come and talk at one of our meetings. Maybe we can get him to speak on the results on the LED study they did.
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X