Reefkeeper Controller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reefkeeper Controller?

So I may have just wasted money. I am starting to look for more info, accessories and software for this and it appears the company shut down. Their facebook hasn't been updated, others have posted looking for info and no responses. Ugh....LOL

Does anyone here know anything about them and if they are still around? Anyone here have one?

You will still be able to get accessories used or aftermarket, ebay, craigslist etc. They are great devices even if you only use as a heater monitor. You can use it as a tomer to turn your lights on and off and to turn off the return pump at a certain time for feeding.
    Lynne

Comment

Well, Iíll have to do some more searching because last night I wasnít having much luck.

Comment

what are you trying to do with it?
        Lynne

Comment

Here is a video onnhow to program a couple of options. There are tons of videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgIV...&feature=share
          Lynne

Comment

Well first I need to find the software is so I can download that. Then I want to find another temperature probe, if they have a ph probe and what else may have been offered. Does it have a WiFi option? I want to make sure I have the redundant temp control setup. Especially when we go out of town

Comment

You can get the software here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lo...urther.418754/
              Lynne

Comment

Here are links to all the manuals. I think I have the software on my laptop if you canít download from reef2reef.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstruct..._guide_web.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstruct...+2_0+-+Web.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstruct...kstart_web.pdf
                Lynne

Comment

Thank you Lynne. I guess I need training on searching because I didnít find any of this last night. Then again I was falling asleep while watching BRS videos.

Comment

When I set mine up, I watched the youtube videos on it. That helped me more than anything else. Are you able to get on the BRS site today? It wont come up on my computer last night nor this morning
                    Ken Higgins
                    120 gallon reef
                    125 gallon fresh water
                    50 gallon fresh water

Comment

yes the site is up
                      Lynne

Comment

Thank you so much. Downloaded and will start reading up on it and see about connecting and checking my stuff out. I just ordered my baffle kit for the refugium tank but that will be a week at least before I see it. With any luck I will have a tank flowing water in a couple of weeks. But I need to grab some egg crate, more sand, salt and dry rock.

Comment

Originally posted by LynneC View Post
                          Here is a BRS video on how to program the Reefkeeper using the software from Lynne's link:

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ichthus View Post

Here is a BRS video on how to program the Reefkeeper using the software from Lynne's link:
                            thank you. I downloaded the software and it won't open. The only issue I have read from the reef2reef site is using a surface with windows 10. I am using a hp envy with windows 10 so not sure what the problem is and of course I can't reboot into safe mode like windows says to. So I need to figure out how to do that and try to see if that is the solution to this problem. If not, not sure what the hell to do. I know you should be able to do everything from the controller, but I really want to have the software working. I will check out the video. I saw a couple already and have plenty of more to watch. LOL.

Comment

LynneC I might end up selling what I have for the RKE. Just to get my money back. I havenít decided yet. It sounds like you might have a this system. Not sure if youíd be interested in it for spare parts. The program wonít open on my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                              X