Determining adequate lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining adequate lighting

Has anyone bothered renting or buying a PAR meter to determine how adequate their lighting is for their corals?

Set up a 6 gal nano reef a few months ago and recently installes the new Fluval Nano Marine LED (20 watts) and Im now wondering if I should’ve bit the bullet price-wise and paid for the AI Prime HD or one of the Kessils. It would seem at first glance that Fluval light should be good for my small sized tank....but Im starting to second guess after reading all the recommendation on other sites for the AI and Keasils.

This is the light I have: http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/us/pro.../#.XFujBKROnYU

P.S. If anyone has a PAR meter locally they are willing to let rent, I’d be super appreciative .....I live in Hollywood.
    Last edited by CarlosM; 02-06-2019, 10:19:32 PM.

I think WAMAS has one they loan out. If noone replies on here, you may check there. I've never measured it. I guess I've just done trial and error. Unfortunately I have lots of errors. But still enjoy trying
    Sheleen
    90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
    26 gal bow front

Comment

BRS has some that they rent out. I planned on renting one when I set my lights up. They are in high demand and I know yesterday they were all out. It is a 2 week rental. Ultimately I am doing the hybrid T5/Led setup. I already bought the fixture. I will buy the t5 bulds in the next few weeks to month. I bought a hydra26 from petroinmd that will work with the fixture I bought, but based on my research now I might have to do a couple of prime AL's instead for the additional coverage for my tank. The Hydra26 might work perfect for your cube. If you end up wanting to change and interested I would sell it to you for what I paid her, $60 with mounting arm and controller.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonR View Post
        BRS has some that they rent out. I planned on renting one when I set my lights up. They are in high demand and I know yesterday they were all out. It is a 2 week rental. Ultimately I am doing the hybrid T5/Led setup. I already bought the fixture. I will buy the t5 bulds in the next few weeks to month. I bought a hydra26 from petroinmd that will work with the fixture I bought, but based on my research now I might have to do a couple of prime AL's instead for the additional coverage for my tank. The Hydra26 might work perfect for your cube. If you end up wanting to change and interested I would sell it to you for what I paid her, $60 with mounting arm and controller.
        Thanks Jason!....will let you know if I decide to upgrade the light.

Comment

Working...
        X