Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a free Blood Orange Clown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a free Blood Orange Clown?

I am not sure yet, but I might have to give him up. I bought 2 paired black ice clowns and the 1 blood orange and the ice are picking on him. I had him secluded for a few days so they could see he was there and today I released him into the rest of the QT and they kept picking on him. I was going to give it a few days just in case they need time to adjust and also make sure fins aren't starting to go missing. But if they don't stop I would rather not give him back to the store and would rather someone local enjoy him. They are all in the same family (Ocellaris) so I was hoping it would be ok

How are they getting along now?
    Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by LynneC View Post
      How are they getting along now?
      seem to be putting up with each other. The orange has become more brave but the other "male" black one I did see grab one of the pec fins of the orange a couple of times. mainly when I had my hand in doing a water change. the orange was definitely not liking the syphon equipment basically attacking it. so I think the others sensed it and they all got a little more active so to speak.

Comment

Well the smaller black ice clown all of a sudden became lethargic and started breathing heavy this afternoon. The others are acting normal. I did a smaller water change than normal. Other than that nothing changed. Ammonia is fine. Nitrate was high but I had just fed and there is usually extra food anyway as they donít eat a lot.

So pissed off and depressed about it. No signs of disease, fins look great as well.

Comment

I am sorry to hear. Was it being picked on?
          Lynne

Comment

No thatís the thing. If anything they were picking on the orange. Orange usually even stayed away from them. Every now and then he would venture by them. He attacked me whenever I was doing water changes protecting their home I guess.

Comment

looking much better this morning. Kept lights dim in the room so didnít see breathing but he was swimming around with the other instead of sitting still. Wife will look when she gets back to the house.

Comment

Working...
              X