My New Tank!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Tank!!!

Hey everyone! It has been a few years since I was on and reefing. I finally have been able to get back into the hobby again and start my tank. I searched for a few months looking for what I wanted and found what I believe to be a great deal.

I got a 75 gallon tank, stand, heater, 2 powerhead, 20 gallon sump, 2 API master test kits, refractometer, lighting LED bar, Vipar Full Spectra light, some cleaning supplies, lids, 2 ocellaris clowns, some live rock and sand for $280. Everything is in great condition just needed a good cleaning. I had to remove all the sand and live rock due to a huge infestation of bristle worms. I believe there were thousands. I cleaned the whole tank and through the sand and live rock away. I currently just have the 2 clowns in the tank with just some water and will add more stuff later.

What do you all think of that price and deal? I though it was a phenomenal deal.

Glad to be back!

-Nathaniel

Welcome back, that's a steel of a deal.

Comment

Awesome. Iíd say thatís a deal.

Comment

Great to see you back on the site and in the hobby! Are you going to the meeting on Saturday?
        Lynne

Comment

Heres an update on my 75gallon. Everything is going great. I added dry rock about a week ago. All the fish are doing great. I bought the scopas tang from petco to save it. It looked like it wasn't going to make it but after a few weeks of quarantine and a good healthy diet. The scopas tang (porkchop-kids named him) is full of life and color. I will be working towards adding an in sump protein skimmer.

Comment

Did you cycle the tank? Iíve read a lot about folks not liking the api test kits for salt tanks. A couple are ok but majority are inaccurate they say.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonR View Post
              Did you cycle the tank? Iíve read a lot about folks not liking the api test kits for salt tanks. A couple are ok but majority are inaccurate they say.
              Yes, i cycled the tank. The only thing added that is new is the dry rock which will kick in another cycle. I have been doing 10-20% water changes every other day right now. The API test kit is ok. It helps and does what it needs to at the moment. I will be getting the hanna checkers in the future for a more accurate test.

Comment

Working...
              X