Need some suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions

At some point, Iíll be going on vacation for a week. I at least need some kind of timers for my lights to turn on and off automatically. Iíve had a hard time finding anything useful that isnít the coralife power strip with the built in timers. I use Mars Aqua Chinese black box lights. Itís two separate power cables for each. One for blues and the other for whites.

Any suggestions that doesnít involve spending a butt load of money on Apex?

Also suggestions on auto top off would be great too.

That will at least get me by while I have somebody come check on things and feed while Iím gone.

Not sure how many black box lights you use, but guessing more than 1. What about the standard wall timer, but having it control power strips? This way you can plug in multiple cords for the black box's.

As far as top off, prior to me getting my digital aquatics system, I put a sharpie mark on my sump. Had someone I trusted to come over and top it off if the water line was below the sharpie mark.
    Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    125 gallon fresh water
    50 gallon fresh water

Comment

I bought this timer from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Programmab...gateway&sr=8-1
      GE 7-Day Programmable Power Strip with Digital Timer, 8 Grounded Outlets (4 Timed / 4 Always On

I have been researching auto top offs and I am leaning towards the Tunze USA 3155.000 Automatic Top Off Osmolator for Aquariums.

I am also considering the AutoAqua AWC AUTO WATER CHANGER (PLUS ATO)
      Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Higgins View Post
        Not sure how many black box lights you use, but guessing more than 1. What about the standard wall timer, but having it control power strips? This way you can plug in multiple cords for the black box's.

As far as top off, prior to me getting my digital aquatics system, I put a sharpie mark on my sump. Had someone I trusted to come over and top it off if the water line was below the sharpie mark.
        Good one, Ken. I saw the timer youíre talking about and didnít even bother to think of it controlling a whole power strip. Iíll consider it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LynneC View Post
          I bought this timer from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Programmab...gateway&sr=8-1
          GE 7-Day Programmable Power Strip with Digital Timer, 8 Grounded Outlets (4 Timed / 4 Always On

I have been researching auto top offs and I am leaning towards the Tunze USA 3155.000 Automatic Top Off Osmolator for Aquariums.

I am also considering the AutoAqua AWC AUTO WATER CHANGER (PLUS ATO)
          Good find. Thank you! I was also looking at the Tunze myself. If you end up getting it before I do, let me know how you like it.

Comment

After talking to Jeff today about his auto topoff/auto water change system, I decided to go with the Neptune ATK. This will allow me to setup the auto water changing system. I already have a Neptune controller but you donít need the controller to run the ATK. It is a standalone device.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/produ...n-modules/atk/
            Last edited by LynneC; 06-02-2019, 06:00:06 PM.
            Lynne

Comment

I have been using the Tunze ATO for years and I find it to be very reliable. I like that it has an optical eye and a float switch as a redundant feature. As far as timer/outlets I would stay away from the coral life, mine had caught on fire, lucky i was able to control it in time.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie63 View Post
                I have been using the Tunze ATO for years and I find it to be very reliable. I like that it has an optical eye and a float switch as a redundant feature. As far as timer/outlets I would stay away from the coral life, mine had caught on fire, lucky i was able to control it in time.
                You have this on your 500 gallon tank?
                Lynne

Comment

Yes one on my 500gallon, one on my 210gallon and one on my nano

Comment

Working...
                  X