150 DD Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 DD Build thread

So I bought 150 deep dimension. Came with stand and a trigger systems emerald 34 sump. I painted the inside of the stand with white oil based epoxy. I wanted a clean look but I also wanted it water proof. I added led lights on the inside so I can see inside the stand. I hated previous dimly lit sump areas. Since the sump is green I bought a 5g emerald ATO to match. I used green plumbing to match also. I used grey schedule 80 for a nice contrast on the joints, unions, and valves. My RO/DI is plumbed to my ATO reservoir but with multiple redundancies. First my RO/DI system has a ASOV (automatic shut off valve) which stops flow if there is back pressure. Second I have a normally closed solenoid which is connected to my JBJ ATO. I have the ATO using 2 floats, 1 at the bottom and 1 3/4 the way to the top. I did this to minimize TDS creep. Third I have a manual float valve at the top of the ATO reservoir just in case the solenoid fails. I have an aqualifter pump connected to a reefkeeper which tops off the sump from the ATO reservoir. That should eliminate failures. Until my reefkeepers fail Im gonna keep on using them.

20190831_202124.jpg

Comment

20190831_202350.jpg

Comment

20190907_234103.jpg

Comment

20191013_181558.jpg

Comment

20191115_010037.jpg

Comment

20191115_010109.jpg

Comment

20191116_192340.jpg

Comment

Filling it up. Choose a minimalist aquascape so corals can grow large and better room for fish to swim. Going to use zeovit method also.

Comment

I love the green and gray! Very nice work! I took your idea and added lights inside my sump. They come on when I open the door. Your tank is looking great!
                    Lynne

Comment

Looks great!! I like the green and sch. 80 match up. Keep us all updated. Love to see it as it grows.
                      Sheleen
                      90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
                      26 gal bow front

Comment

Does anyone have a freebie sps frag? Nothing mounted or expensive, just something you can break off and I can use it to see if my tank is ready for coral yet. I bought 2 torches from Christian and both closed up and died. Not sure if I fried them with light or my tank just isn't ready for lps due to low nutrients and new. It is well cycled and have been dosing zeobak, dr tims, and microbactor 7 to maintain high bacteria population.

Comment

If it ain't broke dont fix it. Dark skimmate from old euroreef.

Comment

20200119_125718.jpg

Comment

20200119_125729.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X