Increase rodi water production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase rodi water production

Hello all, I was in a dilemma on how to produce rodi water quicker without losing water quality. With a donation (from Ken Higgins) of a membrane housing I proceeded to incorporate an additional 100 gallon per day membrane connected in series to the current membrane housing. In addition I plumbed in a booster pump. To my surprise my waste water decreased drastically and my product water increased in output. So I am able to produce more product water quicker with less waste.

That is very awesome! How much water does the system make in an hour?
    Lynne

Comment

I didn’t survey that yet , but I’m hoping to put out 200 gallons per day.

Comment

that is alot of water!!!
        Lynne

Comment

Yes it is correct that adding a second membrane will increase output. Adding a booster pump for optimal pressure will also add to increased output. Doing both is really good to minimize waste water.
          BRStv on youtube has a couple really good videos about doing this .
          Good job mookie.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

A worthwhile upgrade for anyone with a RODI system. BRS did a whole segment in this. They have a water saver kit that comes with everything needed. I make about 5g every 20-25min.

Comment

I just did that and water production is fast and tds out of the di unit is .000 can’t be more happy. Even added a booster pump to it

Comment

Working...
                X